Some advantages of Virtual Private Servers:
- Full root access is provided to users of a VPS.
- Burstable RAM can be provided during times of high traffic or bandwidth usage.
- The physical server is maintained by the hosting provider.
- Cost is far less than a Dedicated Server and only slightly higher than a quality Shared Hosting account.
Some disadvantages of Virtual Private Servers:
- All server hardware is shared between VPS accounts. This includes processing power, RAM, and disk space.
- Users who are not familiar with server administration may have to purchase a managed VPS, as users are partially responsible for some server-side administration tasks.
Does it sound like you could benefit from the power and flexibility of a Virtual Private Server? If so, check out our Virtual Private Server Hosting Quote From and get a FREE VPS quote from up to 4 Virtual Private Server providers!